Online Card Payment & Processing Terms
Detailed description of goods and services
THE CAPETONIAN is a business in the hospitality industry, providing hotel accommodation & conference facilities.
Subject to availability and receipt of payment, requests will be processed within 2 days and booking confirmed by way of email.
Return and Refunds policy
The provision of goods and services by THE CAPETONIAN is subject to availability. In cases of unavailability, THE CAPETONIAN will refund the client in full within 30 days. Cancellation of bookings by the client will attract a 10 % administration fee. Please refer to Booking & Cancellation Terms below.
THE CAPETONIAN shall take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information of users. For the purpose of this clause, “personal information” shall be defined as detailed in the Promotion of Access to Information Act 2 of 2000 (PAIA). The PAIA may be downloaded from: http://www.polity.org.za/attachment.php?aa_id=3569.
Payment options accepted
Payment may be made via Visa, MasterCard, Diners or American Express Cards or by bank transfer into THE CAPETONIAN bank account, the details of which will be provided on request.
Card acquiring and security
Card transactions will be acquired for THE CAPETONIAN via PayGate (Pty) Ltd who are the approved payment gateway for all South African Acquiring Banks. DPO PayGate uses the strictest form of encryption, namely Secure Socket Layer 3 (SSL3) and no Card details are stored on the website. Users may go to www.paygate.co.za to view their security certificate and security policy.
Customer details separate from card details
Customer details will be stored by THE CAPETONIAN separately from card details which are entered by the client on DPO PayGate’s secure site. For more detail on DPO PayGate refer to www.paygate.co.za.
Merchant Outlet country and transaction currency
The merchant outlet country at the time of presenting payment options to the cardholder is South Africa. Transaction currency is South African Rand (ZAR).
THE CAPETONIAN takes responsibility for all aspects relating to the transaction including sale of goods and services sold on this website, customer service and support and dispute resolution.
Country of domicile
This website is governed by the laws of South Africa and THE CAPETONIAN chooses as its domicilium citandi et executandi for all purposes under this agreement, whether in respect of court process, notice, or other documents or communication of whatsoever nature, Pier Place, Heerengracht Street, Cape Town, 8001.
THE CAPETONIAN may, in its sole discretion, change this agreement or any part thereof at any time without notice.
This website is run by RAYA HOTELS PTY LTD (private company) based in South Africa trading as THE CAPETONIAN and with registration number 1994/009236/07 and Naeem Natha (Director(s)/Member(s)/Owner(s)).
Company contact details
Physical Address: THE CAPETONIAN, Pier Place, Heerengracht Street, Cape Town, 8001.
Email: email@example.com | Telephone: +27 21 405 5670
Booking & Cancellation Terms
- All rates quoted include Value Added Tax (VAT) 15%.
- Rates exclude a 1% Tourism Levy charge.
- Please note that our check-in time is at 14h00 (should you be checking in early please contact us before arrival and we will do our utmost to accommodate you). Our check-out time is 11h00. Late departures are granted, subject to availability, and charged at 50% of your room rate until 15h00. Thereafter, the full rate will apply.
- We offer complimentary Wi-Fi in your room.
- Secure parking is available at a nominal fee.
- Non-smoking rooms are available on request and are subject to availability.
- For your added convenience and safety, the hotel operates a transport service. To reserve this service, please provide us with your flight number and arrival time so that this can be arranged. Charges will be raised on your room account. Transfers to and from the V&A Waterfront are complimentary.
- Full-payment must be received 14 days prior to arrival or on making the reservation if within 14 days.
- Any cancellations between 14 and 7 days prior to arrival will be subject to a 75% cancellation charge, for any cancellations between 6 and 0 days, 100% will be charged for the full accommodation booked.
- All no shows will be levied at 100% of the contractual amount for the full period of accommodation booked.
Conditions of Residence
- By signing the Hotel registration card, the guest warrants that he is duly authorised to sign for and bind all persons represented by him or for whom he is responsible (“his party”) to these conditions of residence and, failing such authority, agrees to be personally liable for all amounts arising from the residence of himself and his party at the Hotel.
- Unless prior written arrangements have been made with the Hotel, the guest and each of his party agree to pay on arrival at the Hotel the Suite rate as determined by the Hotel for a period of residence. The guest and each of his party hereby consent and authorise the Hotel to debit his/ their credit card (of which an imprint has been made) with the Suite costs, the cost of food, beverage and any other amounts, including VAT, Tourism Levy and any other taxes applicable incurred by the guest and his party during their stay at the Hotel as well as a deposit against such costs as required by the Hotel from time to time. All accounts are payable on presentation.
- A certificate from the Hotel Manager shall constitute proof of indebtedness of the guest and /or his party and of the particulars therein for all purposes including any action instituted by the Hotel against the guest and /or any of his party.
- The guest agrees that after his departure, the Hotel may retain goods left behind by him and /or his party and authorise the Hotel after giving one month’s notice to the address registered by the guest of the intention to do so, to sell same, privately or publicly, at the Hotel’s discretion at such price as the Hotel may determine and offset the proceeds of such sale against possible indebtedness of the guest or to hold such proceeds or part thereof for a period of three years pending any claims by the guest for those proceeds failing which they shall be deemed to have been forfeited to the Hotel.
- The guest hereby agrees on behalf of himself and the members of his party, on whose behalf he warrants that he has authority to contract, that it is a condition of his/ their occupation of the Hotel that the Hotel, its directors and any employees shall not be responsible or may not be held liable for any injury to or death of any person or any harm caused to them or the loss of destruction or damage to any property however caused, whether arising from fire, theft, or any cause and by whomsoever caused or arising from the negligence (gross or otherwise) willful or wrongful act of any person in the employment of the Hotel or sub-contractors of the Hotel.
- The guest hereby consents to the jurisdiction of the Magistrate’s Court having jurisdiction over the guest in respect of any proceedings in connection with the stay of the guest and his party in the Hotel. Notwithstanding the aforegoing shall have the right of instituting all or any proceeding connected with such stay in the Hotel in any Division of the Supreme Court of South Africa having jurisdiction.
- Where appropriate the masculine gender shall include the feminine gender and vice versa and the singular shall include the plural.